As I write this I am hoping that all of our readers are faring okay – and that we are not faced by power outages, or too much damage, at Blashford Lakes tomorrow morning…
Please remember that there will be a delay to the nature reserve opening until the site has been checked and we know it is safe to open. Although not expected to be as windy tomorrow as it has been today, it is still going to be very windy and the problems that this wind could cause may be compounded by the much wetter weather which is forecast – so the closure may yet be extended.
Rather than heading outdoors too prematurely you may choose to remain inside and make the most of the opportunity to read the Wessex Ringing Group Bi-ennial Report 2020-2021 which I received this afternoon and whose authors Kevin Sayer and Brenda Cook have permitted me to share with you here:
With reports included from surveying and bird ringing not only at Blashford Lakes and the adjacent Mockbeggar Lake, but also from other sites across Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire there is something for everyone here!