Storm Eunice

With an amber warning for wind tomorrow (Friday) and predictions of gusts to 80 or 90 mph perhaps even inland, we have decided that Blashford Lakes Nature Reserve will remain closed all day on Friday (18th Feb) and that opening will be delayed on Saturday (19th) until we have had time to check the site is safe to open. The car parks and hides will be closed and although the paths will remain open we strongly advise against visiting, even after the storm has abated and be aware there may well still be hazards on site. I will be on site on Saturday to deal with any issues and open up as soon as it is reasonable to do so, but local closures may continue into next week.

I hope everyone stays safe and we all avoid any major damage.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s